Disclaimer: Before you read this, I must tell you that in all my years of PMS and through The Big Change, I never, I mean NEVER, conquered cravings. So this post is just to say they are real.
We can each make our own list. This is mine:
- Chocolate: I know it’s out of vogue, but I adore milk, not dark, chocolate
- Icing: From the pink roses on a birthday cake to the white circle inside an Oreo
- Potato Chips: All varieties, but my top choice for a hormone balm is salt and vinegar
- Marshmallow Peeps: I like to eat a row, if not a pack, at once. So Long Peeps!
- French Fries: With salt. With ketchup. With vinegar. With a combination of the three.
When I was in the maelstrom of menopausal cravings, I once ate an entire Christmas gift basket in three days, some of it in the middle of the night. A huge and very fancy gift basket that I should have shared with holiday revelers.
There are lots of tips out there for beating cravings. Give them a try, although they didn’t work for me. The good news is once your hormones calm down, the intense cravings abate. Then you just have regular old cravings. Bon appétit!
Photo: This tin doesn’t hold potato chips anymore, but if it did, I would eat them slowly, just a few a day. Ha!