I’m nuts over New Year’s resolutions! Love to ponder and finally zero in on one.
However, I’ve been making them for forty-plus years and have only kept two:
- When I was in my mid-forties, I had several book deadlines in the same year. I vowed to work harder in the evenings, and I did.
- About five years ago, I set out to keep the rocker in our bedroom clear of my clothes. I would hang those suckers up! I kept this beautifully until January of the next year came around and all diligence vanished.
For 2015, I’m pondering these:
- To be self-indulgent while practicing self-discipline. (That seems like an intriguing challenge.)
- To be as chill as a bottle of bubbly on New Year’s Eve. (That’s a happy, laid back, friendly sort of chill.)
The best resolutions, like the two I kept above, are very specific, which my new ones aren’t, so I’m thinking about these:
- Join a Zumba class
- Get back to revising my middle grade novel
What about you? Have you ever kept a resolution? Are you making any for 2015?
Here’s to all of you and here’s to the promise of a brand new Year! Welcome 2015!