Mona Lisa Touch® is a laser treatment for improving vaginal health. This innovative technique can help restore intimacy in the lives of menopausal women. Here’ s information provided by Mona Lisa Touch for Friend for the Ride readers:
Finally, women have a clinically proven treatment that works to address the painful symptoms of menopause, which affect intimacy. MonaLisa Touch is an innovative laser therapy that delivers fractional CO2 laser energy to the vaginal wall tissue to promote vaginal mucosal revitalization. The MonaLisa Touch procedure is easy, safe, gentle and effective. In just three 5-minute, in-office treatments, which require no anesthesia and are virtually painless, women can get back their smile and quality of life.
How does it work?
- The MonaLisa Touch fractional CO2 Laser delivers controlled energy to the vaginal tissue which generates new collagen and increased vascularization, thus restoring vaginal health.
- Patients receive three 5-minute treatments, at six week intervals, with a recommended annual follow-up treatment.*
- *Your doctor will determine if follow-up treatments are required.
Who can benefit?
- The MonaLisa Touch is appropriate for any female experiencing the painful symptoms of menopause, including issues with intimacy, as well as those who are experiencing a change in their vaginal health as a result of a hysterectomy or breast cancer treatments.
Where is it available?
- The laser therapy is available at OB/GYN, Urogynecologist, and Urologist offices, as well as top medical institutions across the country.
- For more information and to find a doctor in their area, consumers can visit SmileMonaLisa.com.
Has MonaLisa Touch been clinically studied?
- There are fifteen (15) published studies, as well as numerous ongoing studies.
- A multi-site study was conducted by two renowned Urogynecologists in the US who are leading experts in the field of vaginal health.
- The trial assessed the use of fractional CO2 laser therapy on 30 women with vaginal health issues.
- All 30 patients in the study experienced a positive result with many having complete resolution of their symptoms.
- Study results include: 1) Initial symptom improvement almost immediately following the first treatment. 2) No side effects or adverse reactions, and patients showed an escalation of progress with each subsequent treatment.
How much does it cost?
- Patients should contact their healthcare professional for additional information on the treatment.
- The MonaLisa Touch is offered to patients as a cash paid treatment.
Here are the results of a study on the effectiveness of MonaLisa touch from the NIH website.
The findings of the women’s Empower study were just announced at the meeting of the North American Menopause Society. Women are still uninformed about safe and effective treatment for vaginal issues in menopause. Read more about the study here.
This video explains the Mona Lisa Touch procedure:
I am participating in a sponsored campaign hosted by MonaLisa Touch, and I received compensation for this post. While I have no personal experience with MonaLisa Touch, I strive to present information on current treatments for conditions affecting menopausal women.